2016 Art of the River
List of Winners
Two Dimensional Art:
- First Place: Joanna Karpay, "Settling In"
- Second Place: John Bayalis, "Palmettos"
- Third Place: Elise Zarli, "Seminole Dollmaker"
- Honorable Mentions: Victor Amemiya, "Heron in the Swamp;" Johan Bjurman, "Boat Ramp on Paz;" Sharon Yarbrough, "Blue Heron"
- Awards of Merit: Maureen Fulginiti, "End of the Day;" Thomas Petro, "The Strawberry Pickers"
- Elise Zarli
- Three Dimensional Art:
- First Place: Larry Creel, "Dragonfly"
- Second Place: Dave Brethauer, "Wenge, Ebony & Holly Vase"
- Third Place: Bruce Trewyn, "Proud Papa"
- Honorable Mention: Larry Creel, "Putterbirds on a Pole"
- Award of Merit: MMelissa Bruneau, "Pine Needle Vase"
- First Place: Rhett Butler, "Fakahatchee Sunrise"
- Second Place: Jerry Waters, "Paddling into the Sunset"
- Third Place: Rhett Butler, "Deer and Lily"
- Honorable Mentions: Susan E. Hoffman, "Flamingo!;" Quinn Bass, "Leaves, Blue Sky, Reflection"
- Awards of Merit: Cindy Rose, "River of Grass;" Rhett Butler, "The Cow and Egret Went That Way"
Judges: Cathy Futral, Professor of Art at SFSC, judged the two- and three-dimensional art categories. Mark Renz, photographer, fossil expert and published author, judged the photography category.