DAHC presents the 5th Annual
Art of the River show
February 2-4, 2017
South Florida State College - DeSoto Campus, Arcadia FL
Express your love of the Peace River by entering in the "Art of the River” Art Show to be held at South Florida State College—DeSoto Campus in Arcadia, Florida. DeSoto Arts and Humanities Council announces an art show open to all artists in the Peace River watershed and beyond.
The show will promote awareness of our natural resources as inspiration and solace for artists and communities. All works must be based on past or present life in the Peace River Valley and the natural Florida environment or the rich cultural heritage of the area.
- Two-dimensional (e.g. paintings, drawings, collage)
- Three-dimensional (e.g. sculpture, assemblage, pottery)
- Must meet theme
- Work not previously shown in Art of the River
- Only original works (e.g. no giclees)
- All 2-D and photo entries appropriately framed (other than gallery-wrapped canvas)
- Wired for gallery hanging (at least 3" below top) - no sawtooth hangers, no wire loops etc. - DAHC reserves the right to reject entries that are not properly framed.
- Max 12 ft. sq. for 2-D and photos, max. 20 lb.
- Plexiglas strongly preferred over glass
- 3-D works up to 100 lbs.
- Fri. Jan. 9 - deadline to submit electronic entry or postmark for mail entry
- Fri. Jan. 27, or Mon. Jan. 30: Intake - entries brought to SFSC on
- Thu. Feb. 2 and Fri. Feb. 3- exhibit open to the public - pieces that won awards will be identified but what place each one will win is not announced until Sat. Feb. 4
- Sat. Feb. 4 - show open to public - winners announced and awards given out at 10 a.m.
- Sat. Feb. 4 at 3 p.m. or Mon. Feb. 6 - pick up entries (at end of show or during the day Monday)
- Cash awards given in all three categories - 2-D, 3-D and photos
- Awards include first, second, third place, plus honorable mentions and awards of merit (if enough entries in category)
- People's Choice voted on Thu., Fri. and Sat., winner announced 1 p.m. Sat. Feb. 4
- Et cetera ...
- Artists may list entered works for sale
- Artists may have free sales space indoors in classrooms
- Artists have option of outdoor vendor space at Rio de la Paz Festival
- DAHC retains 20% commission on sale of items entered into the show - no commission on other items artists sell
Watch this page for more details and entry forms coming soon!
Click here to see the list of winners from the 2016 Art of the River!