DeSoto Arts and Humanities Council
Individuals who wish to receive our newsletter or other email communications from DAHC (or who choose to receive newsletters by US Postal Service) must provide us their email and/or mailing address. We may use that information for specific, limited purposes, such as:
- sending the DAHC newsletter and special bulletins
- Sending invitations or information about exhibits, competitions or special events
- sending information about DAHC outings (such as museum visits, field trips, Art Walks, etc.)
- sending reminders for membership renewal
- seeking donations for DAHC functions
- registration for DAHC workshops, classes, exhibits and contests
With limited exceptions as noted specifically below, we do not provide our members' contact information (including email, mailing addresses or phone numbers) to anyone outside of DAHC. However, the following exceptions are made:
- DAHC may, on occasion, provide mailing or email addresses to art vendors with which DAHC has a relationship. These may include Dick Blick art materials, which may mail out catalogs, coupons or special offers on art supplies to our members. DAHC is in a relationship with Dick Blick art materials by which DAHC receives a small commission for art materials purchased through DAHC's website, as an affiliate. This allows DAHC to receive a discount on art supplies it purchases for the free Children's Art Classes sponsored by DAHC at the DeSoto County Library.
- DAHC may make arrangements through art supply companies, publishers of art books or magazines, or art galleries to provide promotional materials to DAHC's members. For instance, DAHC may receive a discount in purchasing supplies, coupons or gift cards as giveaways or prizes in some of its promotions and events (such as a discounted price on magazines distributed to competition entrants as part of their "goodie bag"). In such cases, DAHC may provide a mailing list to such companies who may provide catalogs or other information to DAHC members who are likely interested in such materials.
If you do not want your information shared with any third parties such as the above, notify DAHC by email or in writing and your name and contact information will not be provided to any outside party.